Sunday, November 7, 2010

MGP debrief

Dislike: I am rather embarrassed to be presenting my inquiry and findings tomorrow. Compared to everyone else, my topic is rather generic and straightforward. I think preservice teachers will gain valuable information in what I have to say, but it is also ideas they will eventually come across. I would have liked to pick something intriguing and out-of-the-box.

Like: I am a huge fan of my own genre pieces. I devoted a lot of thought, time, and energy into all five pieces. They all looked like projects I could have whipped up in 30 minutes, but my behind-the-scenes strategies I used for each piece appears effortless. In doing my videos, I enjoyed writing like a script writer. I only had so many sentences to choose my words wisely to convey my message. Using my friends as fictional students, parents, and administrators was fun, too! It made the entire process feel real.

3 comments:

  1. I get what you're saying about the quality of your pieces. I put hours and hours into them but you really can't tell. At least I got a new set of colorful Sharpies out of it, and I can't complain about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, I am not sure what your topic is, but I definitely wouldn't feel like it is generic. If anything, you will be giving us a heads-up on what to expect, and I find that to be very valuable and important!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I think preservice teachers will gain valuable information in what I have to say," says it all. There are many ideas that may seem obvious to some but very much need to be addressed to others. As Courtney said, I'm not sure what your topic is, either, but I believe that the main idea here is to share knowledge and discover the process of MGRPs. Can't wait to see your genres!

    ReplyDelete